Law Offices of Scot Stuart Brower provides you with confidence and peace of mind that your case is in the right hands.

Providing For Your Children After A Divorce

The noncustodial parent pays child support to the custodial parent according to formulas set by the state of Hawaii. These mandatory payments ensure that the children are taken care of while allowing the noncustodial parent to cover all of his or her expenses. The formula to determine child support can be complex, depending on your circumstances and your children’s needs. Our Honolulu attorney can help you determine your child support payments.

At the Law Offices of Scot Stuart Brower, we understand the formula the state uses to calculate child support payments and how it can be used correctly to create a payment that is affordable and will maintain your children’s quality of life, allowing them a more stable transition. Scot Stuart Brower is a special master for divorce and understands the negotiations that may be required to reach an acceptable child support amount.

How The Child Support Payment Formula Works

The formula takes into account the gross income of each parent, the number of children, medical insurance for the children and child care costs paid by either parent, as well as any other children for which the noncustodial parent is currently paying. The payment is always in proportion to the child’s needs versus the paying parent’s income. A child with special needs will be figured differently than a child whose needs are standard.

Generally speaking, payments are withdrawn from the noncustodial parent’s paycheck and paid through the Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) to ensure that the custodial parent receives the money. Arrangements for direct payments can be made under certain circumstances.

Scot Stuart Brower has helped many clients with their child support issues. He will negotiate with your spouse and his or her lawyer to come up with a figure that is acceptable to both of you and to the courts. If you and your spouse cannot agree, he is an experienced trial attorney who will fight for your parental rights in court.

If your circumstances have changed or if your ex-spouse or co-parent has not paid his or her child support payments, we can represent you for modification and enforcement of court orders.

Contact Us To Learn More About How To Calculate Your Child Support Payment

Call us at 808-522-0053 or send us an email to schedule your free initial phone consultation with our attorney.