Law Offices of Scot Stuart Brower provides you with confidence and peace of mind that your case is in the right hands.

Preserving Your Relationship With Your Children

When divorce happens, a parent’s biggest fear may be for his or her children. “Will I get to see my kids?” “How much time do I have to give my spouse?” “How will all of this affect my family?” Parents ask these and many other questions when faced with child custody issues. Our Honolulu lawyer can answer these and many other questions you may have.

At the Law Offices of Scot Stuart Brower, we understand how frightening it can be to deal with the custody of your children. You want to maintain a strong bond with them, regardless of whether you have custody of them or not. You have certain rights as a parent and you want to make sure those rights aren’t violated. Scot Stuart Brower can help you ensure your parental rights are respected and that your child custody arrangements are acceptable to you and to the courts.

The Best Interests Of The Children

In Hawaii, all child custody decisions are made “in the best interests of the children.” This can include the child’s relationship with each parent, the schools available near each parent’s residence and many other considerations.

You and your spouse may submit a parenting plan that outlines how much time your children will spend with each parent, whether you are filing for sole custody with visitation for the noncustodial parent or joint custody between you. The amount of time you are awarded with your child can affect your child support arrangement.

Scot Stuart Brower is a special master for divorce. He understands the laws surrounding child custody as well as the compromise each parent must make. He will negotiate on your behalf with your spouse and his or her lawyer to come to an agreement that is acceptable to both of you. If this is not possible, our formidable trial lawyer will fight for your parental rights in court.

Once child custody is set, you must abide by it. If a significant change in your circumstances occurs — such as a change in location or change in schedules so radical that you can no longer spend time with your children — we can represent you in a modification of court orders.

Contact Us To Learn More About How To Deal With Custody Of Your Children

Call us at 808-522-0053 or send us an email to schedule your free initial phone consultation with our attorney.