When you first met and fell in love with your spouse, you vowed that it was forever. Lately, you find yourselves growing apart over the years. No one wants to believe that their marriage is in trouble, but statistics show that up to 50% of all marriages end in divorce.
There have been signs along the way but you chose to ignore them. Now, you find yourself wondering if this really is the end of your marriage?
Sure signs that your marriage is in trouble
Problems can slowly sneak up on you, especially if you are very comfortable with your spouse. It can be easy to turn a blind eye to the issues that are causing you to grow apart. That’s why it’s important to try to keep a good line of communication open.
Signs of serious marital problems include:
- There’s a lack of intimacy in your marriage. You don’t know when it started but you two have slowly drifted apart and you sleep in separate bedrooms now.
- The trust between has been broken because your spouse had an affair. You’ve tried to forgive him, but you just can’t seem to get over their infidelity.
- Your spouse has become unkind and emotionally abuses you. They have always been a bit sarcastic, but now every comment is a barb at you.
- Your children have grown up and left the nest and now the two of you barely talk.
- You don’t agree on financial matters. One of you is a saver and one of you is a spender and the issue has come to a head.
Whatever the reason, if you find yourself thinking about divorce, talking with someone who is experienced in these matters can help you figure out what to do next.